Sunday, November 8

Christmas Expense


I love Christmas and I love spoiling people, but I've just been playing around with some figures and it's not looking too healthy. To be honest I'm worrying that it might not all be do-able.

Looking at my wonderful Excel spreadsheet (yes, I'm really that organised) so far I have spent a whopping £600. £250 each for Poppy and Michael (my niece and nephew) and about £90 on B. It's also Poppy's birthday in the new year, so I've spent quite a bit trying to get her birthday presents out of the way. Now, opening up a new spreadsheet and totting up what's still left to get, leaves me wondering where the other £500 is coming from.

I wouldn't get that much if I sold my soul to the devil.
Sugar Daddy?
Prostitution?
Overtime?

I think a 'cut back' is the only way.

2 notes:

Quincifer said...

£600!!!
I've spent £25 so far on my guy, and about £80 on christmas things for the house (mainly a new tree)
Granted I am planning on spending much more but wow, thats alot of money!

DILLIGAF said...

You love spoiling people?

I loooooove you!!! (in a fatherly daughter kind of way of course...my wifey is fully au fais with John Wayne Bobbit)

I want Madness 'The Liberty Of Norton Folgate' so badly I will make your Christmas Dinner!

(allright...the wifey knows so I reckon it'll be in me Christmas stockin')

I tend to go Chrissie shoppin' Christmas Eve - mainly 'cause I get the wifey a bit of jewellry and my regular shop gives away wine and brandy to regulars. At Christmas I'm a regular.

"How?" asked wifey a few years back, "did you get pissed in a jewellers?"

"It's a long story" I replied honestly with a 'hic'...;-)