Friday, November 13

Conversation with the in-laws #1

Last night I cooked a splendid roast for B's parents. They came to visit to discuss plans for Christmas. Apparently they're thinking of going away to Germany. Great! Means I can spend this year with my family for a change.

It wasn't the visit that bothered me, or the fact that the in-laws are going to Germany (probably an excuse to get out of buying us gifts - which actually works in our favour, we can get theirs in the January sales), but the fact that B is trying to get credit for this Christmas.

in-laws: So Jessica, have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

Me: Well, to be....

B: Yes, we're nearly done, aren't we Jessica?

Me: *grumbles* Yeh. Something like that. Anyone for coffee?

-

I just had to get out of the room, I could have killed B. Making out that "we've" done the shopping together. When in fact, it's been little old me, like every year.

Santa better fucking bring me something expensive this year, otherwise people will be getting gifts from Poundland next Christmas!

2 notes:

DILLIGAF said...

Let me get this straight.

You cooked a roast and I wasn't invited?

I will now sulk.

I would even buy you a Christmas prezzie for a roast!!!

(er...with parsnips?...you can't have a roast without parsnips...)

Bugger the parents in law.

Leave em in Germany...;-)

Quincifer said...

Tut tut, I would've said something! How rude.
Poundland is amazing! I love it in there.