Monday, October 5

Hmmph

There is someone in my life at the moment and they are really getting on my sodding nerves.
Its a woman, I'll call her Heti.
She's not directly in my life, or in my 'circle of friends', but she's most definitely there.
I know hate is a very harsh word and I don't think I hate her, I think it's more of a love to hate situation. Once upon a time, we were friends. Work colleagues and now she has this tight grip of my throat. I hate it, the situation. There really is nothing I can do to get out of it either.
She's always going to be there, throwing her two pence worth in.
I would like to buy a house in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by beautiful countryside.
Escape.
Yeah, that's it.
I want to escape.
Escape from you.

So I decided to look for some quaint properties, knowing that I would never be able to afford them. Well unless of course I won the lottery, but that isn't going to happen. So get real.
Still it's nice to look, isn't it?


This gorgeous 'little' home is on Hilltop Lane, North Yorkshire. How beautiful, please?
Here is what the estate agent has to say about it.....

Hill Top Hall takes full advantage of its elevated setting on the south western fringe of Harrogate with extensive views towards Almscliffe Crag and the surrounding undulating countryside of North Yorkshire.

Mentioned by Pevsner in his History of English Buildings, Hill Top Hall exudes the ambiance expected of a building with 17th century origins. Over the last eight years, the present owners have been particularly successful in retaining the integral originality whilst modernising the property to a high specification and the property now provides immaculately presented accommodation including an elegant panelled and beamed drawing room with mullioned windows, sitting room with feature ceiling and inglenook fireplace and superb dining room. With a pitched ceiling the redeveloped breakfast kitchen forms a focal point of the house. A spacious master suite together with three double bedrooms, family bathroom and a second floor bedroom/studio further enhance the appeal of what is undoubtedly one of the most attractive private residences in the greater Harrogate area.

Outside, the property stands in grounds of some 10.5 acres including courtyard gardens, sweeping lawns and a swimming pool. With the extensive facilities of Harrogate some 2.5 miles distant, the country setting belies the convenience for commuting to the West Yorkshire conurbation. Access further afield is provided via Leeds Bradford Airport and the A1(M) at Wetherby.

I would love to live there.
If only I had £2,750,000 to spare.
Pah!

1 notes:

DILLIGAF said...

I keep watching 'Escape To The Country'....yep. A lottery win would do it.

We all have peeps we have to put up with...especially at work. Still, it pays the bills so chin up and a nice glass of red when you get home eh?