Wednesday, October 21

Home Bound

I'm off today, flexi time. God, how I love it.

I had my whole day mapped out, gym this morning, followed by a swim and coffee at my fave coffee house with an old friend and then a trip to the Trafford Centre for an afternoon of non-stop shopping. Great, I thought.

The reality is that I'm taking refuge in my bedroom at the moment and all plans are on hold.

I have two very odd looking men sitting in a VW 4x4, right outside my house. One is trying to hide himself behind the dashboard and the other is on the phone. And has been for almost an hour now. They are worrying me, as I really don't know why they're there and at this very moment in time I feel scared.

That sounds pathetic. I mean, how can one be scared in the comfort of their own home?
I'm not sure how to answer my own question.

So, yes. I am taking refuge in my bedroom. Windows, blinds and curtains are shut as if no-one is home. I keep peaking out to see if they've gone, or got out of their car to see which house it is they are calling at. I feel like the serious neighborhood watch woman, or 'curtain twitcher' as B likes to call them. If I had balls, I'd be straight out there like a shot asking them what they're doing. But I don't. Some gene I think I didn't inherit from my Mother.

I might just crawl into bed and sleep through today.

2 notes:

DILLIGAF said...

Call Plod if you're really worried. They'll be round like a shot...er...in a few days....erm...

Alternatively sneak behind their car and wedge a banana in the exhaust....

Or maybe tie their car bumbper to the one behind or....

I could have so much fun!!!!!

Anyroad. Don't worry. You'll be fine!

DILLIGAF said...

Incidentally....Mort is one of my favourite Terry Pratchetts. Love the 'Death' ones. Reaper Man, Soul Music. Supurb! Caz loves Wyrd Sisters.

Anyroad, speaking of Caz....g'night